Monday, May 23, 2011

Armpit Funk

I don’t know how much I weigh. I have no idea. But I’m pretty sure it’s over 375 lbs. I really don’t know where to start on this journey. I’m pretty much going to make it up as I go along. I’m doing a little research, trying to see what works and what doesn’t. But I think I’m going to start with 30 minutes of walking. I’ll try and combine that with severely cutting down on my food intake.

What I really need is a change of lifestyle. I have become increasingly sedentary. Much like the rest of society I have been taking the easy way – the elevator when I could take the stairs, driving when I could walk, etc. I’m going to actively try and get uncomfortable. In a good way, not in the “Standing so close I can smell your armpit funk” kind of way.

**Update**
I bought the family a Nintendo Wii over the weekend. I could have gotten the Mario Kart package, but I opted to get the Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort bundle. Laugh all you want - but those video games can be one heck of a work out. Just ask my wife and her sore muscles. I'm gonna mix it up w/ walking one day and 45 minutes of Wii Sports another day.

1 comment:

  1. I think the wii is a great idea son! Check out sparkpeople.com for some more motivation and ideas...

    ReplyDelete