Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Favorite Pasttime

I play World of Warcraft.  A lot of World of Warcraft.  I currently have 3 level 85 capped characters with a 4th sitting right on the edge of 85.  I work the night shift at a local hotel.  The night shift at a hotel is boring.  Not just boring, but DAMN BORING!  So I play WoW to pass the time.  I do what I can just to stay awake.  I could have resorted to smoking Meth and bouncing off the walls, but I don’t really want all the messy side effects.

The downside of all this Video Game playing is I sit on my rear end for hours.  With only about an hour and a half of paperwork a night, that leaves 6 ½ hours of video games.  A night.  My main character, Matteaus the Blood Elf Paladin, has been played for 119 days, 8 hours, 33 minutes, and 5 seconds.  119 DAYS!  And that’s just my main character!  That’s a hell of a long time to be sitting on your rear.

But I enjoy it.  One of my favorite things about the WoW is the Achievement system.  It’s not a huge thing, but every time you accomplish something of worth (and sometimes not so worthy) you get an “Achievement”.  It has no real worth other than keeping a record of what you have done in the game.  I say all that to come to my point here – I am going to be keeping track of my progress with “Achievements”.  I found a site - worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com – that lets you create your own achievements.  You input the title, text, etc.  Then it generates an image of said achievement.  The image below is just an example.  It may seem silly to others, but if it helps me get healthy then I’m all for it!



I need some ideas for different Achievements.  Stuff like “Spend 30 minutes Exercising for 5 consecutive days!”  Go ahead and leave them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment